It’s hard to believe that in just a few weeks we will be entering into 2019! When we think of closing the year out, we want to do our best in completing all those last-minute or lagging projects before December 31. We have always found it beneficial to wrap up all loose ends in 2018 and enter into 2019 with a fresh start.
There is nothing like putting a little more pressure on yourself, but just think how great you will feel knowing you completed everything by your deadline.
Here are our top tips to help you wrap up tasks by the end of the year:
- Make a list: Make a list of all the things you need to complete by the end of the year. Include projects you are currently working on, ones that need to be completed and ones that may carry over into the new year. This will give you a clear picture of what needs to be done and will keep you motivated.
- Review and purge old documents and files: Now is a great time to organise and file all your hard and soft documents. Organising, filing, and purging documents to close out 2018 will leave you in a great position to start fresh after the holidays and mentally will make you feel a lot less cluttered.
- Review and reflect: Take time out to review and reflect on your accomplishments. Were you responsible for making positive changes? Did you achieve any major goals and KPIs? Maybe you did something that had a positive impact on the employees and organisation. Whatever your successes were in 2018, be proud of your accomplishments and give yourself credit.
- Clean out and organise your emails: This is a great time to go through all your old emails and delete the ones that are no longer relevant or needed. Create folders for all of the important emails that you need to keep. This is a great way to ensure your inbox is clutter-free and will help you to stay organised.
- Set obtainable work goals for 2019: Now that 2018 is coming to a close, it is time to start thinking about setting yourself new, obtainable goals for 2019. Choose goals that will help your grow, improve your skills, enhance your career and make you happy.
We hope these tips help you to get organised and prepared for the new year, whilst also ensuring you have a relaxing break. From all of us at Brook Recruitment, we wish you great success in closing out 2018 and a happy and prosperous Holiday Season and wonderful 2019!